Did you know: The VA (Veteran Affairs) provides up to $4,100 lifetime benefit for service-connected and up to $1,200 for non-service connected veterans to make home improvements necessary for the continuation of treatment or for disability access to the home and essential lavatory and sanitary facilities.
Home Improvement and Structural Alterations grants provide for medically necessary improvements and/or structural changes to the Veteran’s residence for the following purposes:
(1) Allowing entrance to, or exit from, the Veteran’s residence.
2) Use of essential lavatory and sanitary facilities.
(3) Allowing accessibility to kitchen or bathroom sinks or counters.
(4) Improving entrance paths or driveways in immediate area of the home to facilitate access to the home by the Veteran.
(5) Improving plumbing or electrical systems made necessary due to installation of dialysis equipment in the home.
For application information, contact the “prosthetic” representative at the nearest VA hospital, or visit the VA website at: http://www.VBA.gov